Question on my mainboard

Dear listmembers,
I am using several Tyan Tiger 2460 motherboards since quite a while. And I am
observing a strange behaviour someone in the list (might) have a clue about.

I am reading the sensors data periodically every 10 seconds. After an
undefined time (maybe one week, maybe one day, maybe three weeks) sensors
"hangs" after start and cannot be killed any more. A manual call to sensors
ends in a hang as well (of sensors, the board is running on).

What is my configuration:
I am loading
MODULE_0=i2c-amd756
MODULE_1=i2c-isa
MODULE_2=w83781d
MODULE_3=eeprom
MODULE_4=w83627hf
(in this sequence).

By recommendation from Tyan I use the line:
options w83781d force_w83782d=0,0x2d force_subclients=0,0x2d,0x48,0x49
force_w83627hf=0,0x2c force_subclients=0,0x2c,0x4a,0x4b init=0

in /etc/modprobe.conf.local

I have a script watchtemp that is started at boot that calls sensors every 10
seconds; at boot it is called once with the parameter DAEMON, later on only
once with watchtemp what gives me a temperature display on the screen.

If someone finds the time to look into it and may give me a hint - greatly
appreciated. I cannot force the behaviour described above - it just happens
to occur after a while.

Besides the many "SuSEisms" in the script it (might) be useful for someone
because it is very simple. If of interest I could provide a rpm / srpm for
SuSE installing all the required components at the right places.

I am using sensors version 2.10.0 with libsensors version 2.10.0 on SuSE 9.3
SMP.

Many thanks for your efforts in advance,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)