Microchip 24LC256

one of the userspace tools in prog/eepromer may be sufficient for what
you need. You could do a new chip driver for the big eeprom but then you
have to go through /sys files which is awkward for eeproms;
look hard at doing userspace access through /dev/i2c-x,
better and you don't have to write a new driver.

mds