Can't access procfs/sysfs file - 2.6.14.6

I have noticed others had this problem, but it turned out to be some
configuration issue. Hopefully this is the case for me as well. I am
slightly worried that I have to wait for the 'eeprom' module, which my Via
VT1211 chip seems to need.

My system:  (Via SP13000)
HLFS (Hardened Linux From Scratch) with kernel 2.6.14.6
sysfs compiled and mounted

running sensors-detect notifies me of these required modules:
i2c-viapro
i2c-dev
I can succesfully load both.

When I run sensors I get this notice:
Can't access procfs/sysfs file
Unable to find i2c bus information;
For 2.6 kernels, make sure you have mounted sysfs and libsensors
was compiled with sysfs support!
For older kernels, make sure you have done 'modprobe i2c-proc'!

The thing is, I haven't build libsensors with sysfs support, since the
INSTALL and QUICKSTART files inform me of not having to do anything, besides
'make user and make user_install' if I have a 2.6 kernel with i2c modules
compiled.
Since I also have udev on my system I am leaning towards missing some sort
of udev rule.

Please inform me of the next step.

Warren