seeking a W83687THF patch for 2.6.15 (re: ticket 1944)

Hi all,

Jim Cromie wrote:
> Everyone,  including Steve,
>
> Sorry for that peek of petulance in public. I havent earned that right.
> Please allow that I said it so *you* dont have to (for those that have
> thought it before).
>
> As to what set me off, Ive worked with Yuan
> (sent him a compile-only patch - I dont have the hardware)
> He took it happily, and is finishing / has finished it.
> I felt a certain loyalty.
>
> hope that clears the air,
> jimc
>
> --------------------------
> open windows let in fresh air

I just wanted to take a second to thank Jim for both the public and
private letters of apology, as they were appreciated.  It goes without
saying, that its all water under the bridge and the air is indeed clear  :)

As for the patch, I haven't attempted it yet.  I do, however, and
ashamedly, have to admit to committing user error in my previous
endeavor.  After reading Jean's first reply, I clued in that I had not
updated the user space tools to v2.92, but had attempted to detect with
the older v2.91.  Booooo to me.

Anyways, I'll update soon.

Thanks, Steven