fixing ticket #1944

Hi Jean:

--- Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> Good evening Hugo,
>
> Attached are:
>
> 1* A patch to sensors-detect, which should add
> support for the Winbond
> W83687THF chip.
>
> 2* A patch to linux-2.6.11.12, which adds
> experimental support for the
> Winbond W83687THF chip to the w83627hf driver. I
> assumed that the chip
> would be mostly identical to the W83627THF because
> they have the same ID
> register and were supposedly released by Winbond at
> the same time. This
> assumption may or may not be correct, use at your
> own risk. You
> shouldn't try unless you have a physical access to
> the machine and can
> notice if something goes wrong (such as a fan
> stopping...) If we can get
> a datasheet at a later time I will be able to
> verify.
>
> "sensors" won't work out of the box, but you should
> be able to get the
> readings from /sys/bus/i2c. Let us know how it works
> :)

Fast work Jean, and it is still afternoon here
(Oaxaca, Mexico)!
I applied the kernel patch to 2.6.10, which is what I
run. Upgrading to 2.6.11.12 I am in the process of,
but I run Ruby with 2 monitors/kbds/mice on one PC, so
I have to patch things first.

The patch ran clean, and these are the results in
/sys/bus/i2c:

Script started on Thu 16 Jun 2005 02:22:15 PM CDT
/Thu Jun 16-14:22:15HDB1# do_sensors
alarms =16
beep_enable =0
beep_mask =0
cpu0_vid =0
detach_state =0
fan1_div =2
fan1_input =0
fan1_min =8544
fan2_div =2
fan2_input =3813
fan2_min =2824
fan3_div =2
fan3_input =0
fan3_min =2872
in0_input =1676
in0_max =1871
in0_min =700
in1_input =3328
in1_max =3376
in1_min =1776
in2_input =2720
in2_max =3536
in2_min =3728
in3_input =2960
in3_max =3312
in3_min =848
in4_input =0
in4_max =0
in4_min =0
in7_input =3008
in7_max =3280
in7_min =3760
in8_input =3088
in8_max =4016
in8_min =1952
name =w83687thf
pwm1 =176
pwm2 =176
temp1_input =22000
temp1_max =-84000
temp1_max_hyst =118000
temp1_type =3435
temp2_input =50000
temp2_max =76000
temp2_max_hyst =71000
temp2_type =1
temp3_input =45500
temp3_max =76000
temp3_max_hyst =71000
temp3_type =3435
vrm =90
/Thu Jun 16-14:22:17HDB1# exit

Script done on Thu 16 Jun 2005 02:22:21 PM CDT

It looks right. I normally run my own programs that
are like sensors, using libsensors. What do I have to
do to get those to work? I will take a look at the
sensors code.

Thanks again!

Hugo

Discover Yahoo!