Mailing-list garbage

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 10:17:40AM +0200, Jean Delvare wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> We had some trouble with the lm_sensors mailing-list yesterday, resulting
> in a storm of administrative mails. Your archive is now full of these.
> Could you please clean up the mess so that the archive is useable again?
> The posts all have "Notification d'?tat de la distribution" or
> "Undeliverable:" in their subject lines.
>
> We are seriously considering a move to a more mature mailing-list system
> to prevent this kind of problem from happening again. Sorry for the
> inconvenience.

Well that explains a thing or two, and it certainly was an inconvenience. My
server started dying really badly last night at around the time of the first
message. 300-odd messages later...

I run Mailman. If you would like to switch over to a Mailman list, that you
can have full administrative control over, let me know. Added bonus is
Mailman does its own archiving, automatically.

regards

Andrew