Call for 2.9.0

Hi all,

I would like us to release i2c 2.9.0 (and obviously lm_sensors 2.9.0)
quite soon now. Before the end of the year would be great.

I am done with restoring the compatibility with Linux 2.4. I have an
update of my installation guide [1] ready (not online yet) for 2.9.0.
This should have been done one year ago, so better release it as soon as
possible now.

I would like everyone using lm_sensors on a 2.4 kernel on a regular
basis to give a try to i2c-CVS and lm_sensors-CVS now, and report if
problems arise. This is the biggest change to i2c since 2.8.0 so it
deserves some texting before we release it.

This also suggests that no more big changes to the CVS repositories
should be committed until after the release (unless anyone has prepared
something for a long time and commits them in the next few days).

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/