Ticket 1833

Hi Steven:

* Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> [2004-12-03 12:36:34 -0600]:
> Further followup ticket 1833
>
> i2cdump showed the chip at 0x2f on the i2c bus to be a winbond type chip.
> I was able to follow the instructions on the web page and do
>
> insmod w83781d force_w83781d=0,0x2f
>
> We then saw the following:
> (...)

OK cool.  That's about as much as you can do, because the i2c dump also
shows a chip id of 0x7a, which is (unless I'm mistaken) nothing we've
seen before.  See if you can physically locate a second Winbond chip on
your board somewhere.  It's likely to be much smaller than the SuperIO
chip (w83627hf as mentioned below) - perhaps the size of your smallest
fingernail.

> (...)
> Once this insmod is done, a second chip is detected at 2c as well,
> which was previously not detectable

Now that is weird.

> (...)

Not much left to do, except tweak sensors.conf as necessary for your
setup.  Follow up here if there's anything else.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com