Thanks and setup problem

Hi Chris:

* Chris Lopeman <lopemanc at swbell.net> [2004-12-01 22:27:14 -0600]:
> First of all I would like to say that I admire the work you are doing.
> I think lm_sensors is extremely important to Linux.   Thanks for your
> efforts.

You're welcome.

> Output from sensors.  As you can see w83781d reports an odd looking
> temperature.  Specifically the +208.0?C.  Actually, I am not sure what
> temp1 and 2 are for.  I guess I expect the output to look more like the
> adm1021 module.   I am hoping I can get all readings from the
> w83781d-isa-0290 section.  I am a bit of a minimalist and I think the
> adm1021 module may be causing a problem.

Not sure what you mean by that.  The adm1021s are probably reading your
CPUs, one each.  Run a CPU intensive task for a few minutes and see which
temp sensors go up the quickest... those are attached to CPUs.  The others
are probably reading a board temp somewhere.  Your board might not have
anything at all connected to temp3 on the w83781d... so ignore it by
modifying sensors.conf.  (try 'man sensors.conf')

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman
mhoffman at lightlink.com