get no informations on laptop acer extensa: Especially smart battery: neither ACPI nor lm_sensors

Hi!

> Sorry for late answer.
>
> True is, that acer uses direct access to smartbattery.
>
> Unfortunatelly I dont know the status of the driver. Anybody else can
> help. I also know from Pavel Machek (CCed) that finishing the driver can
> be sponsored from ACER (anyone interrested now :) ?

Oops, that is not what I wanted to say...

..it is possible that ACER will finish driver themselves or it is
possible that ACER will pay someone to do that. (It is also possible
that ACER will do normal ACPI style battery into their BIOSen and it
is also possible that ACER will not do anything at all). But I do not
think offer like "we'll pay $1000 to first person to that finished
smartbattery support" exists.

> Is it this person your relative :) ?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%E1ra_da_Cimrman

Yes, every czech is relative of this one ;-).
								Pavel

..jr ghea gurz vagb qrirybcref, naq gurl frrz gb yvxr vg gung jnl!