Support question: segault in sensors

> How are you concluding my version mismatch?

Because that's the most frequent case for 2.4 kernels. But...

> Here is my dmesg output:
> i2c-core.o: i2c core module version 2.8.7 (20040611)
> i2c-i801 version 2.8.7 (20040611)
> i2c-isa.o version 2.8.7 (20040611)
> i2c-proc.o version 2.8.7 (20040611)
> adm1025.o version 2.8.7 (20040611)
> eeprom.o version 2.8.7 (20040611)
> smsc47m1.o version 2.8.7 (20040611)

.. that's not your case. At least not at first sight.

> I installed i2c v2.8.7 with lm_sensors 2.8.7, could there be a
> mismatch from something already present in the Kernel source?  I don't
> understand where the mismatch is....
>
> I can't recompile my kernel, as it is patched to run some proprietary
> hardware, and the patch is not available for anything newer.  I didn't
> have i2c support enabled in the kernel, so I used "method 1" to build
> i2c & lm_sensors.  Where did I go wrong?

Nowhere as far as I can tell, looks OK.

So we can now guess that the problem is in userspace only. Please
compile lm_sensors with DEBUG=1 (so that -g is set on compilation), then
run "sensors -s" through gdb. When it crashes, type "bt" to get the
backtrace, and post it here. Maybe it'll help.

--
Jean "Khali" Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/