algorithm and bus driver for PCA9564

> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 19:38, Jean Delvare wrote:
> > We gladly accept patches as long as code is tested and at least one
> > person is using it on a regular basis.
>
> As it happens I did the actual development on 2.6 but the customer
> wanted 2.4 so this is the version we are actually using in anger -- so
> here is the 2.4 patch inline.

Hm, I guess I wasn't clear enough. By "we" I mean "the lm_sensors
group", and as such what we accept are patches against either the i2c
package or the lm_sensors2 package, *not* the 2.4 kernel tree. Patches
for the 2.4 kernel tree should be directed to the LKML and Marcello
Tosatti. Know that Marcello seems to be rather reluctant to add anything
to the i2c subsystem in 2.4. You may still take your chance though.

Since our i2c subsystem and the one in 2.4 are not compatible, it
probably doesn't make sense sending us anything since you won't be able
to use it. So if you can't convince Marcello to accept your patch, you
probably will have to maintain it as an external patch.

--
Jean "Khali" Delvare
http://khali.linux-fr.org/