ADM 1025 on 2.6 kernel

Hi Daniel,

Including Freitas as well since you seem to share interests.

> just wondering the approximate timeframe for ADM 1025 support on the
> 2.6 kernel.

I just finised my port, sorry for the delay. You can get it here:
  http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/i2c/linux-2.6/

Either apply the adm1031 and adm1025 patches in order (I don't think the
adm1025 patch alone will apply cleanly) or the unified
linux-2.6.7-i2c.patch.gz, to any 2.6.7+ kernel.

You will need lm_sensors CVS for user-space tools for full support. If
you have an older version (but at least 2.8.5) it should still work,
you'll only miss the VID value in "sensors".

I'm particularly interested in feedback concerning VID value. As you may
know, the ADM1025 chip may either monitor +12V and have 4-bit VID
values, or have 5-bit VID values. In the first case, I'm not sure of the
value to give to the missing bit. The driver and datasheet suggest 0,
but another doc I found about Pentium Pro (which is the target CPU for
the ADM1025 according to the datasheet) suggests 1. That's not something
I can verify on my evaluation board, of course, since it has no CPU.

Let me know how it works for you!

> Thanks for the great sw.

Thanks :)

--