[RFC][2.6] Additional i2c adapter flags for i2c client isolation

> This topic makes me think of something _interresting_...
>
> According to the tests I made on my VIA Nehemiah M10k, the vt1211
> can be handled by i2c-viapro as an smbus device (via the vt596 it
> says) and via-ircc as an irda device, BUT this device can not be
> binded to both drivers at the same time : when one is loaded (and
> activated), the other finds no device (ENODEV I presume). (I wonder
> how I should use both smbus*and* irda device)...
>
> Is this totally out of topic ?

"Off-topic" even, yes ;)

> Could a hack prevent these two drivers to be mutually exclusive?

We knew of a similar problem between i2c-viapro and via686a. I didn't
know that i2c-viapro and via-ircc had the same problem. And I guess that
i2c-viapro and vt1211 would conflict too?

Mark D. Studebaker is working on a solution for i2c-viapro and via686a.
I don't know if the same solution will apply in the other cases. Since
i2c-viapro is involved in all three conflicts, it promises to be damn
complex...

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/