i2c patch out of 2.6.4-rc1-mm1

> Ok, how about doing this:
> 	- make a lmsensors release now.  I'm not going to send any i2c
> 	  patches to Linus until after 2.6.4 is out, so you can cut a
> 	  release today if you want to.

Aha. This sounds good indeed. You always end up with a fine solution
even when I feel like everything's bloated, don't you? :)

Yes, if 2.6.3 and 2.6.4 are compatible i2c-wise, releasing now makes
sense, and solves problems.

> 	- add your fixes to the lmsensors cvs tree, so that users of the
> 	  -mm kernel can get them if they want to.  Idealy you could
> 	  also make another lmsensors release, as these patches will go
> 	  into Linus's tree after 2.6.4 is out.
>
> Sound good?  That way the i2c patches can go back into the -mm kernel,
> and users can test them and the lmsenors changes out.

I don't think we would make two releases. But pointing -mm people to the
CVS makes sense.

The next release would occur as Linux 2.6.5 will be released, providing
that the i2c changes have been successful in their -mm series life and
have made it into Linus' tree.

Thanks again.

--
Jean Delvare