i2c patch out of 2.6.4-rc1-mm1

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:13:16PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Andrew, hi Greg,
>
> I just saw that the i2c stuff from Greg's tree have been backed out
> from 2.6.4-rc1-mm1. Quoting the release notes:
>
> "bk-i2c.patch was dropped pending it getting its lmsensors act
> together."
>
> I don't quite understand what I am (well, what we are...) supposed to
> do (actually, I do not even get the meaning of the sentence itself). I
> clearly exposed my reasons for an interface change and as far as
> I know, nobody objected to that particular point.

The problem is that there is no way a user can get a working libsensors
to work with the -mm kernel right now, correct?  I thought you were
going to make a new release for the 2.6.3 kernel, and then commit your
changes to cvs to allow users running the -mm tree to use that version.

Is this the case?

thanks,

greg k-h