sysfs names

> Ok, how about writing up a summary of the proposal, listing the name
> changes you want to make, and why, and post it to lkml so that
> everyone has some advance notice of what will happen.  They can then
> discuss anything that we might not have caught.

Hm, looks like this list is the adequate place for such a discussion
(and I'm glad that everyone finally took part of it, because it is so
important).

Posting the proposal alone on LKML is likely to duplicate the exchanges
we had here. On the other hand, adding all the suggestions Philip
Pokorny, Mark Hoffman and Mark Studebaker together with my answers will
make the post long and possibly hard to read, and I am not sure people
will want to read it.

Would it be correct to post a summary together with a link to this
thread? That way, people who want to know more can read the whole story
in a convenient form.

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare