lm_sensors && bt869

[Don't forget to CC: the mailing-list on replies]

> I think the bt869 for 2.6 should be OK so far, but I don't know how
> I can compile it standalone and so I couldn't test it. Where do I
> have to put it and what are the gcc-paramters I have to use?

I don't know. I'd suggest you copy your source file in
linux/drivers/i2c/chips, and edit linux/drivers/i2c/chips/Makefile (add
a line like "obj-m += bt869.o"). Then configure a fake kernel with as
least options as possible (but don't forget to at least enable
i2c-core). Then compile your kernel and see what happens.

That doesn't look very immediate nor professional, I admit, but that's
how I do and it works ;) If anyone has a better way of testing new
drivers, let us know.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/