Ticket number 1467

Dear Jean,

	I have just checked out your last suggestion in the message below
- it works!  Very many thanks for all your help.  I have learned a great
deal about how the sensors package works over this problem, thanks to your
guidance.

	Re your remark about Asus chips in your first message - when I
bought the board I basically had no criterion to choose between Asus and
Abit, which were the two which seemed most attractive.  If I had realised
how troublesome using the as99127f was going to be I would have gone the
other way!  You only find these things out when you actually buy a piece
of kit - at that time the board was too new for there to be anything
relevant on the sensors support page.  Next time I buy I may go to a Xeon
cpu (for the sake of the large memory support on Xeon motherboards) or if
the IA64/AMD 64 bit processors look attractive in both specification and
price I may go that way - I expect a whole new can of worms then!  We will
of course be on 2.6.x kernels by then.

	Anyway, very many thanks for all your help.  I suppose I would
have been able to sort this out if I had known more about systems, but
regrettably I don't, my interests being in large numerical applications.

		All the very best,

				Richard James.