driver initialization of chips

> I'd like to modify all the drivers to not initialize the chips unless
> there's an init=1 argument (i.e. init=0 is the default).
> I know there's been some who favor this change...
> comments?

I'm in favor of this, although I never took the time to change all the
drivers. Please take a look at the following thread:
  http://archives.andrew.net.au/lm-sensors/msg04549.html
Quite a long thread, I now, still this expresses the opinion of some of
us about the topic, so it might help you.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/