mkpatch and diff

Hi all,

In the mkpatch.pl scripts, we use "diff -u2" to generate the diffs.
Since this option is deprecated and it should be "diff -U 2", I was
about to update this line, and wondered why this option was in use.

I tested without this option and the patch is actually *smaller* than
when using only two lines of context (242846 bytes with the option,
210144 without it). The only reason I can see is that it might help
using the patch on a different version of the Linux kernel than the one
that was used as a base. But since one can always regenerate the patch
for its own tree, I don't really see the interest. And I'm not even sure
it really helps. Less contexts also means more risks to patch in the
wrong place.

So I plan to simply remove that option. Any objection anyone?

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/