Trying to find device chrontel 7009

Hi JEan,

> Yes, that's somewhat similar to I2C, but the datasheets shows that the
> data bus is 12-bit wide, while I2C's is 1-bit only. I even wonder how
> they can call that a serial bus. Anyway, that's what made me say it's
> not an I2C chip (plus the fact that searching the data sheet for I2C or
> SMBus returned nothing).

What you meant is the data bus for video data transmission. control interface
is a two wire synchronous serial connection. It's just a very simple bitshift
module driven by external clock (SPC and SPD pin 14, 15).

> > Sorry that I wasted so much time of you,
>
> No problem. Good luck :)

Thanks. Now I get an idea, why there is no information about i845 in
combination with chrontel 7009 concerning linux.

Bye,
od

--
od at fli4l.de * http://www.fli4l.de/ * the on(e) disk router