[od@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Trying to find device chrontel 7009 ...]

----- Forwarded message from Oliver Dawid <od at fet.uni-hannover.de> -----

From: Oliver Dawid <od at fet.uni-hannover.de>
To: frodol at dds.nl
Subject: Trying to find device chrontel 7009 ...
Hi Frodo,

I am writing to you, because I found your E-Mail adress in lm_sensors
source for i2c-algo-bit.c

I have a Hermes 845GL with chrontel encoder for video output. Problem
is: although I can set in Bios that it should produce PAL signal, I
allways get NTSC. I already found register which has to be modified
only problem is how to find the device.

I hoped that chrontel chip is connected to i2c controller of i845,
which can be accessed through i810 driver (afaik - or there is another
chip inside i did not find yet).

Unfortunatelly scan_bit=1 does not find any device only a couple of
dots or ".S <7>0<7>needed 0 jiffies" id debug=9. I am not very familar
to i2c code, so my digging in that code ended up in nothing.

Can you give me some hints how to find the device and how to adress? Is
ther some docu I missed to read about i2c drivers for linux (or
lm_sensors)?

Hope, you can help me,

thanks,
od