Problems using w83781d (v 2.8.0) on Asus CUV4X

> Well, the link is mentioned in 4 out of the 6 latest news items, and
> twice on the download page too. We can't do much more, can we?

Hm, now i've found it... installation guide.
But i thought: I read it one year before, why should i read it again?

You should tell the user, that so much has changed, he should take a
look at the installation guide, if the modules fails loading.

And in BIG RED Letters... maybe i've read it and maybe this mail
would've never been written and maybe the world turns ... blah ;)

> Anyway, what really should be done is updating the installation guide
> for 2.8.1, and prepare a patch for submission to the kernel people.
> Unfortunately, I'm ill these days so I'm not sure I'll have the strength
> for such a serious work.

hm... somebody should tell the package-maintainers from debian that the
i2c-source-package is redundant, when using the kernel patch and that
those people who've problems with lm-sensors should try this patch. Hm.

> Sure we don't like very much being asked about things that are
> documented and linked from our site, but come on, sometimes you don't
> get it at all and just need a one line advice to go on. As long as it's
> asked politely, it's OK :)

And i really hate it, to ask. But sometimes i've to disturb you...

Why is lm-sensors not a part of the kernel? Too young and unstable?