the computer hangs when scans the adapter

> Hi,
> I'm using a board with ServerWorks OSB4 and a ADM1026 chip.
> The computer always hangs here...
> Next adapter: SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 0580 (Non-I2C SMBus adapter)
> Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively): YES
> I'm using Redhat 7.3 with a generic 2.4.18 kernel, and
> lm_sensors-2.8.1. However, if I add something like "print("$addr");"
> in the sensors-detect scirpt, it won't hang anymore!

Strange. Where exactly do you add this line?

> But still no chip detected.
> I see no one report this issue on the website.
> I'm appreciated if you can give me some help or advices.

If you are sure you have a ServerWorks OSB4 and an ADM1026 chip, you
could skip the detection step and load i2c-piix4 and adm1026 directly.
That said, if sensors-detect has difficulties finding the chip, I expect
that it won't work that easily. Check the logs while inserting the
modules, it might give you relevant information.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/