LM83 test resport (was: Adapter driver for opencores I2C fpga)

> > Yes, it works fine, though I have modified it quite a lot.
> > The version I got with the 2.8.0 release had four repeats
> > of essentially the same code, apart from register addresses,
> > so I merged them into a single function.
> > I then added some extra status information. I was planning to
> > look at the latest in CVS on Monday or Tuesday to see if I had
> > duplicated any effort before offering this code back.
>
> Heh - the latest code in CVS has exactly the same changes, almost
> word for word, as I had made. So I have junked my code and am
> using the CVS version instead.

Although I don't like the idea of duplicated work very much, it's great
to see we came to the same point :)

> It continues to work just fine, within the limits of testing:
> we use the /proc interface to look at sensor values, but none
> of the application level stuff like sensors-detect - we made
> the boards, so we already know what chips are on them :-)

If it works for you, that's great. Let me (or us) know if you need any
additional feature, or whatever. I think the driver if almost complete,
but sometimes users need to setup things in a way we wouldn't have
thought of.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/