i2c kernel patch issue with bttv-if module

Jean Delvare wrote:

>>I have no idea who the right person is for this sort of email, however
>>I trust someone will forward it on to the right person.
>>

>I am the one (yeah, I love saying that) and I'm already there so no need
>to forward.
>

>>I applied your new i2c patch (i2c-2.8.0) to a virgin 2.4.21 kernel
>>with zero issues. However during the build process I die at the same
>>point in the middle of the bttv modules. The bummer is I still love my
>>bttv card and can't stand to part with it.
>>
>>Perhaps there's something missing from the patch.
>>

>Which patch or set of patches did you applied exactly? (complete URI
>wanted)
>
>I am running a bttv card myself, with a patched 2.4.21 kernel, and it
>works rather well. However, the source tree is the one I made the
>changes on and extracted the patches from, so if I forgot to extract
>one, it could explain the problem you had.

Jean-

I think it was user error on my part.

I got confused by the links on the page... I downloaded the i2c and not
the complete patch.

that one took a few minutes to figure out, sorry for any inconvience.

I've been having a heck of a time with my new iWill  mobo (dual xeon)
and trying to get the lm sensors to work right, I think support for the
winbond support is updated in 2.8...

However, if I do notice some temp calc math errors, what's the best way
to handle that?

Thanks!

-M