i2c kernel patch issue with bttv-if module

> I have no idea who the right person is for this sort of email, however
> I trust someone will forward it on to the right person.

I am the one (yeah, I love saying that) and I'm already there so no need
to forward.

> I applied your new i2c patch (i2c-2.8.0) to a virgin 2.4.21 kernel
> with zero issues. However during the build process I die at the same
> point in the middle of the bttv modules. The bummer is I still love my
> bttv card and can't stand to part with it.
>
> Perhaps there's something missing from the patch.

Which patch or set of patches did you applied exactly? (complete URI
wanted)

I am running a bttv card myself, with a patched 2.4.21 kernel, and it
works rather well. However, the source tree is the one I made the
changes on and extracted the patches from, so if I forgot to extract
one, it could explain the problem you had.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/