About to release (Was: EMC6D100 patch)

> patch doesn't compile, no SYSCTL_IN5-7 definitions,
> please retest before you send us something, we're about to release...

As we speak about this, what is left to be done before we can release?
Refreshing our checklist could be great:

- sensors-detect "UTF" issue
Almost fixed, an incompatibility with perl 5.5 remains but should be
solved soon.

- libsensors numbering because of binary incompatibility..... go to
1.5.0 or 2.0.0?
Done.

- Delete sensors.h in sensors/include, move files?
I think I remember it's done?

- Incompatibility w/ 2.4 kernel i2c structs
Left to me it seems ;) Does it really need to be done *before* the
release? It will anyway take time before the patch is accepted and
kernel 2.4.22 is released (although the .22 cycle should be faster than
.21).

- Need testing against kernel 2.4.9
MMH tested and it works, right? Mark, or did you only checked that
mkpatch was working, without actually testing?

- Mkpatch - abandon, fix, what?
MDS fixed them, right?

- Update README, INSTALL, etc.
Done by MDS too IIRC.

- Fix GCC 3 compilation warnings.
Fixed, and all other warnings too.

I'll retest everything on my four or five systems right before we
release anyway.

Comments welcome.

--
Jean Delvare