1250

> I don't have my lm_sensors source handy right now, but I wanted to
> reply so perhaps you or someone else could look into this...
>
> I notice that the adapter is registered at address 6000.  That's a bit
> of a strange isa address.  I believe that the original ISA bus only
> has I/O addresses up to 3fff.  Anything above that is either an alias
> or a PCI bus address.
>
> Perhaps there is a test in the ISA write function that makes sure the
> address you're attempting to write is in the range: 0-3fff or less and
> if not, returns an error.

This would make sense. David, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe
that you can actually write to the files (simply using "cat 1 2 >
/proc/sys/dev/sensors/via686a-isa-6000/in1" for example). So, if
"sensors -s" fails, this must be because of libsensors *thinking* it
cannot write.

David, maybe we already asked you and I'm sorry for that, but I can't
remember (it's been so long):

1* Are you using i2c & lm_sensors 2.7.0 or CVS?

2* Are you using the mkpatch method or the traditional separated
compilation tree method?

Thanks.

--
Jean Delvare