back to life

I'd like to let all you know I'm not dead, nor have I let you down. I
have been away for about ten days, and am now reading the 150 mails
posted to the list while I was gone. Quite a long process. I've been
answering a few ones that had been left unanswered. It seems that things
are moving on heavily these days, and though I'm not really qualified,
I'll help if possible. I am at least reading you with great attention,
and I'll express myself sometimes if I think it has an interest.

Also, I'm not working a lot on lm_sensors these days for two reasons.
First, it seems there's a lot of activity, way beyond my abilities, and
I don't want to break anything. Second, I'm working on the DMI issue.
I've been rewritting dmidecode, it now has a public CVS (see
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dmidecode). This being done, I'm now
working on the DMI code found inside the Linux kernel. I want to have
the dmi info exported to /proc, as well as accessible from other parts
of the kernel (this would avoid having this part of the code duplicated
three or four times across the kernel sources). This isn't an easy job
for me since I'm not used to kernel programming, but this is really
interesting and I should have something working soon.

Once I'll have it working and if it finally makes it into the kernel,
I'll make the necessary changes to lm_sensors.

I'm still there if you need me.

--
Jean Delvare
http://www.ensicaen.ismra.fr/~delvare/