location of modules with make install

I see.

We unfortunately have 3 places that modules could be.
Very old versions of sensors put modules in misc.
Newer versions install in kernel/drivers/[i2c,sensors]
(and remove old versions in misc).
This is also where things go in a mkpatched kernel.

In the kernel patches generated by Albert Cranford,
modules go into kernel/drivers/i2c/[busses,chips].
I guess the Suse kernel you have is based on Albert's patches.

I agree we should decide where things go,
be consistent, and remove older versions in other places.

Any comments, folks, on which directories should be used?