(from cvs) sensors binary compile probs on rh8

my man page for ld.so clearly says that /usr/lib and /lib are last.
You can also see this from the output of 'ldconfig -v'.

Is yours different?

Also note that the email we got a few days ago from the user,
he was picking up the library in /usr/local/lib...
so I'm really confused now...