Are you rewriting dmidecode?

Hi.  I'm the Debian maintainer for lm-sensors.  Somebody noticed that
both lm-sensors and another Debian package use Alan Cox's dmidecode
program.  I was going to package it separately, and contacted Alan
Cox, who told me that he thought "the lm-sensors folk have been
rewriting it entirely".

Are you, in fact, redoing dmidecode?  Will sensors-detect die horribly
if I swap out the dmidecode in prog/detect with a newer version from
Alan Cox's FTP site?

Thanks,

--
David Maze         dmaze at debian.org      http://people.debian.org/~dmaze/