SiS

hi Mark

the 0008 can be set to appear as 0018, it's in the datasheets (search for
0018 and you will find "Note: Write a 1 to Reg40 bit 6 will change the
Device ID to 0018h.")

Now please don't ask my why SiS will allow you to rename the 0008 to 0018, I
dunno, maybe board makers whan it that way ?  Asus A7S333 has the 0018 if
case you need to find a board that has it.

the 0963 you can handle exactly as the 0961 smbus wise that is.  I have not
had a 0962 tester as of yet, if I do will let you know the board and stuff

for that mather I handle the 0008, 0018, 0961 and 0963 the same way right
now, enable the 0016 via reg 77.  To avoid giving the smbus the wrong name
this way I just call it  SiS0016 via 0961 or however I got it.

I would asume that the 0962 is identical in the above way but have not yet
encountered it.

I see how you determine the SiS smbus driver, as you said not a perfect way
and will to keep updated, shame SiS does not do a better job of Device ID's
or at least Revisions.

a final question, on the intel,via,adm, after setting the start bit I always
check to see if the smbus starts/is working, on intel for example if bit 0
of INTEL_SMBHSTSTS is high, however I have not find such a way on the SiS so
for now I just do a simple 1ms wait and then go into the check if ready
loop..... have you found such a bit or are you also just putting a little
rest and then go on ?

Thanks for the complimetens on MBM, sadly I never tried lm_sensors as I
don't have linux, sorry :)

Regards, Alex

- Please always attach all previous mails !
For long you live and high you fly,
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
And all you touch and all you see,
Is all your life will ever be.