Mondo: problem with as99127f-i2c-2d

Fan counters (which get higher the slower the fan is) generally saturate
at 255 so I doubt your patch is correct, you'll never see a stopped fan.
You may need to increase your fan divisors (I think they work
on as99127f, can't remember) - see doc/fan-divisors in our package for
details.
Stop your fan and test the patch to see for yourself.

Not familiar with mondo but if it shuts down the whole system based on
one reading that may be a little drastic, espcecially if you
are relying on an undocumented chip :)

You can try periodically running i2cdump in our package as another
diagnostic. This bypasses the w83781d driver and you can see if
you are getting bad readings from the chip or from the driver.

mds