DMI detection

I think it was intended that DMI be used and availble to other
parts of the kernel.  Not much (if anything) seems to use it yet,
though.  I would think Alan would be pleased to make it available for
us to hook into (if there isn't already some method).  It's also a
much cleaner solution than copy-and-pasting all that code.

Phil

--
Philip Edelbrock -- IS Manager -- Edge Design, Corvallis, OR
   phil at netroedge.com -- http://www.netroedge.com/~phil