DMI detection

I've reconsidered the changes I put in i2c-piix4.c, which was
essentially
a copy of a portion of dmi_scan.c.
Duplicating 200 lines of code from dmi_scan wouldn't be accepted as a
patch.

If the char* array dmi_ident[] at line 145 of dmi_scan.c were
un-"static"ed,
and if the enum table just above that were moved to a header file,
we could access the strings in the array to get the system vendor.
Albert, if you can get this small patch accepted, then we are in good
shape
to submit clean sensors code as a patch later.

I'll move the code I just put into i2c-piix4 into a new dmi_scan module
in our package.
This will be used by people with kernels before 2.5.whatever,
but it won't be in Albert's kernel patches.
And this module can export the system vendor string somewhere,
so that sensors-detect can just insert this module and get the string.
Much easier than recoding the whole thing in perl.

Then eventually we can enhance the kernel dmi_scan to export the sensor
information
(the SM Bios table contains information on number and location of
voltage, temp, and current sensors, and fans).

Agreed???