Pre-conference call information regarding lm_sensors

Attached is a mail from April 2001 on the issue of the sensors-detect
script
from lm_sensors corrupting the eeprom in IBM Thinkpads, which prevents
them from booting.

As far as I know this conference call never happened.
Nor do I have a record of receiving any response to the questions below.
If any of you at IBM are still involved with Thinkpads we would
like to  restart the discussion on how to prevent the corruption.
Please contact us.

I will forward a second mail just after this one.

thanks
mds