lm_sensors and thinkpad

I understand and fully appreciate your comments.
I'm sure that this is not resolved in our current 2.6.3
version that I'm currently integrating into linux-2.5.26.

Today we released i2c&lm_sensors 2.6.4 with new IBM drivers
but this is for PPC and considered Beta testing at the
moment.

I will make a change in the Config.in to warn 600x laptop
users to stay away.

Thanks alot,
Albert

Jerry Cooperstein wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Having fried one motherboard on my 600x Thinkpad by use of
> sensor-detect (I'm not blaming anyone but myself for reading
> documentation a little too late--and I got it replaced on
> warranty) I'm kind of nervous about whether the lm_sensors
> patches going into the kernel are sensitive to the Thinkpad
> issue, either by resolving it, or sensing it is a Thinkpad
> and staying away from it.
>
> I haven't been able to find any recent documentation on this,
> so I'd appreciate it if you could bring me up to date.  Besides
> my own fears, I have nightmares about distributions using
> such kernels and frying up laptops on unsuspecting users.  I
> know from checking things out in the past the blame belonged
> to IBM and/or Intel, not Linux, but I'm not sure everyone
> would see it that way :<
>
> Thanks,
>
> coop

>  Jerry Cooperstein, PhD        <coop at axian.com>
>  Senior Consultant
>  Axian, Inc.   <info at axian.com>              // |_  __(_) ___  _ __
>  4800 SW Griffith Dr., Ste. 202             //| |\\/ /| |/ _ \| '_ \
>  Beaverton, OR  97005 USA             _____//_| | / / | | |_| | | | |
>  http://www.axian.com/               Software Consulting and Training

Albert Cranford Deerfield Beach FL USA
ac9410 at bellsouth.net