lm_sensors and thinkpad

Here's the latest.
The issue is not resolved. We stopped getting help from IBM
several months ago.
The kernel patches (and kernels like Red Hat that have had sensors
included for quite a while now) only contain individual modules.
They don't 'sense' any particular model of board - they look for
a device they support, and either do nothing or exit if they
don't find it.

The tool that's been the problem for IBM users is sensors-detect,
our hardware detection script. It is a userspace tool and is not
part of the kernel patches.

Unless a kernel user (whether 2.5, redhat, whatever) starts
modprobing sensors modules he can't get hurt.
We haven't heard any complaints from IBM users in quite a while -
and as I said Red Hat has been shipping our package for over a year, IIRC.

Sorry you toasted your thinkpad. Believe me if we had the info
from IBM we needed we would try to fix it.

mds