Thermal fan on PIIIDME

Ah, well, you're making progress.  The analog_out was intended for
controlling fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if you can tie an alarm
or something to the analog_out?  Take a peek at the datasheet for the
most accurate and detailed info:

http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM87.html#Datasheet

It's possible that the initialization function in the LM87 driver in
lm-sensors is overriding the settings that the Bios does.

Phil