Thermal fan on PIIIDME

Oh, boy, I'm not sure.  It sounded like the fan was controlled by an
LM87.  What controls the LM87?  It seems obvious to me that the LM87's
must be controlled exclusively through the SMBus.  It's possible that
ACPI (or some other Bios thing?) is controlling the LM87 via the
SMBus, but I'm not an ACPI expert.

Phil