Re: Live patching MC at LPC2019?

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 08:55:07PM +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2019, Jiri Kosina wrote:
>
> > === cut here ===
>
> Thanks Joao for spotting my mistake, I copy/pasted outdated version. Below
> is what I *actually* submitted. Sorry for the noise.
>
> === cut here ===
>
> The main purpose of the Linux Plumbers 2019 Live kernel patching miniconf
> is to involve all stakeholders in open discussion about remaining issues
> that need to be solved in order to make Live patching of the Linux Kernel
> and Linux userspace livepatching feature complete.
>
> The intention is puting main focus on the features that have been proposed
> (some even with a preliminary implementation), but not yet finished, with
> the ultimate goal of sorting out the remaining issues.
>
> This proposal follows up on the history of past LPC live patching
> miniconferences, that have been very useful and pushed the development
> forward a lot.
>
> Currently proposed discussion / presentation topic proposals (we've not
> gone through "internal selection process yet") with tentatively confirmed
> attendance:
>
> - API for state changes made by callbacks (Petr Mladek, Joe Lawrence)
> - source-based livepatch creation tooling (Nicolai Stange, Joe Lawrence)
> - "What happened in kernel live patching over the last year" (Miroslav
>   Benes)
> - klp-convert (*) (Joe Lawrence)
> - livepatch developers guide (Joe Lawrence)
> - userspace livepatching (Joao Moreira)
> - elivepatch update (Alice Ferrazzi)
>
> (*) this might get merged into "source-based creation" topic
>
> More will gradually be added.
>
> === cut here ===

Very interesting list of topics, I am interested in participating in their
discussions. I would like to discuss the framework used for testing livepatch.
The discussion would help to understand/provide feedback on how/what should
be tested. The improvements which can be made to improve the testing coverage.
I would also like to give an update on the objtool for power, if there is
interest, I should have made good progress before the conference.

--
Kamalesh

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]