Re: Live patching MC at LPC2019?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019, Jiri Kosina wrote:

> the LPC CFP is now open. Noone else seems to have volunteered, so I am now
> starting to collect the topics.

Thanks everybody who submitted their topic.

I have just submitted the miniconf proposal below (with Josh as
co-organizer again, thanks Josh). Please keep sending topic proposals,
this is not set in stone at all, I can update it as we go.

I'll let you all know once I have any information about acceptance /
rejection.

Please keep on mind that LPC registrations are usually drained pretty
quickly (although it might not be as bad this year, due to LPC not being
co-located with OSS).

=== cut here ===

The main purpose of the Linux Plumbers 2019 Live kernel patching miniconf
is to involve all stakeholders in open discussion about remaining issues
that need to be solved in order to make Live patching of the Linux Kernel
and Linux userspace livepatching feature complete.

The intention is puting main focus on the features that have been proposed
(some even with a preliminary implementation), but not yet finished, with
the ultimate goal of sorting out the remaining issues.

This proposal follows up on the history of past LPC live patching
miniconferences, that have been very useful and pushed the development
forward a lot.

Currently proposed discussion / presentation topics with tentatively
confirmed attendance:

- API for state changes made by callbacks (Petr Mladek, Joe Lawrence)
- source-based livepatch creation tooling (Nicolai Stange, Josh Poimboeuf)
- "What happened in kernel live patching over the last year" (Miroslav
  Benes)
- klp-convert (*) (Joe Lawrence)
- livepatch developers guide (Joe Lawrence)
- elivepatch update (Alice Ferrazzi)

(*) this might get merged into "source-based creation" topic

More will gradually be added.

=== cut here ===

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]