Re: Performance impact of disabling non-clone IPA optimizations for the Linux kernel (was: "GCC options for kernel live-patching")

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018, Nicolai Stange wrote:

> let me summarize some results from performance comparisons of Linux
> kernels compiled with and without certain IPA optimizations.

Thanks a lot for the summary.

So, would it make sense to submit a patch upstream (with exactly this
justification / explanation) that'd basically disable those optimizations
for CONFIG_LIVEPATCH=y configs?

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux SCSI]