Re: Separate user- and project- quota ?

Il 28/06/20 20:22, Eric Sandeen ha scritto:

> I think what you're asking is whether a file in a project quota directory
> can avoid user quota accounting, and I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Maybe it could be a feature request :)

> I think you'll be limited by the first quota limit that gets reached.
Verified that. :(

Moreover, I've had troubles at reboot because the superblock did not
support both group and project quotas. Didn't see anywhere in the docs
you couldn't have both enabled at the same time. Maybe i'ts just because
it's an "old" filesystem (IIRC created about 10y ago). I'd suggest a
"graceful soft failure" in that case: just emit a warning and
disable/ignore last option requested. Recovery of a remote machine would
be way easier :)

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia