Re: Deleting a project from XFS quotas

Hi Dave, Eric,

On 23/05/18 04:19, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 5/22/18 7:25 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
>> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 10:46:28AM +0200, Ian Macdonald wrote:

>> I don't know if reporting these empty quota IDs is intentional or
>> what you need to do to avoid having them reported - someone involved
>> in changing the dquot iteration mechanism will have to chime in on
>> that....
>
> <someone chimes in>
>
> If a quota exists on disk with a limit, it should be shown
> even if it doesn't happen to be in the projects file; in fact the
> projects(5) man page says the file itself is optional.
>
> And Ian's quotas weren't exactly empty, they were actual quotas with
> limits set, even if there was no current usage under that ID.
> So I think it makes sense to show them  (we would have if they were
> in /etc/projects, right?)

OK, that makes sense. Those extra projects were not displayed in the
quota report under Debian jessie, which led to my confusion.

> Anyway, if you have a quota showing up for an ID that's not in
> the projects file:

> You can make it disappear by setting its limits to zero:
>
> # xfs_quota -x -c 'limit -p bhard=0 42' /mnt/test
> # xfs_quota -x -c report /mnt/test
> Project quota on /mnt/test (/dev/pmem0p1)

I see, that has worked.

Many thanks for the help.

Best,
-Ian

--
Ian Macdonald
GPG/PGP: 0778 889F EE5D DFB4 D195 97A7 779B D6BF A305 DEFC

GreenNet Ltd, 56-64 Leonard Street, London EC2A 4LT
UK Tel:      0330 355 4011
Intl:        +44 20 7065 0935
My desk:     +44 20 3559 4011
Twitter:     @GreenNetISP
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 02070438