Re: Deleting a project from XFS quotas

On 5/22/18 7:25 PM, Dave Chinner wrote:
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 10:46:28AM +0200, Ian Macdonald wrote:

I don't know if reporting these empty quota IDs is intentional or
what you need to do to avoid having them reported - someone involved
in changing the dquot iteration mechanism will have to chime in on
that....

<someone chimes in>

If a quota exists on disk with a limit, it should be shown
even if it doesn't happen to be in the projects file; in fact the
projects(5) man page says the file itself is optional.

And Ian's quotas weren't exactly empty, they were actual quotas with
limits set, even if there was no current usage under that ID.
So I think it makes sense to show them  (we would have if they were
in /etc/projects, right?)

Anyway, if you have a quota showing up for an ID that's not in
the projects file:

# xfs_quota -x -c 'limit -p bhard=1g 42' /mnt/test
# xfs_quota -x -c report /mnt/test
Project quota on /mnt/test (/dev/pmem0p1)
                               Blocks
Project ID       Used       Soft       Hard    Warn/Grace
#0                  0          0          0     00 [--------]
#42                 0          0    1048576     00 [--------]

You can make it disappear by setting its limits to zero:

# xfs_quota -x -c 'limit -p bhard=0 42' /mnt/test
#0                  0          0          0     00 [--------]

-Eric