Re: permanent XFS volume corruption

On 5/12/17 9:09 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>> On 5/12/17 1:26 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>> So on the earlier instance, where I did run actual repairs (and
>>> indeed multiple of them), the problem re-surfaces every time
>>> I mount the volume again.
>> Ok, what is the exact sequence there, from repair to re-corruption?
> Simply mount the volume after repairing (with or without an
> intermediate reboot) and access respective pieces of the fs
> again. As said, with /var/run affected on that first occasion,
> I couldn't even cleanly boot again without seeing the
> corruption re-surface.

Mount under what kernel, and access in what way?  I'm looking for a
recipe to reproduce what you've seen using the metadump you've provided.

However:

With further testing I see that xfs_repair v3.1.8 /does not/
entirely fix the fs; if I run 3.1.8 and then run upstream repair, it
finds and fixes more bad flags on inode 764 (lib/xenstored/tdb) that 3.1.8
didn't touch.  The verifiers in an upstream kernel may keep tripping
over that until newer repair fixes it...

Thanks,
-Eric